The main functions of Midclear include:
- Safekeeping of securities for participants.
- Immobilization of physical securities.
- Book-entry clearing and settlement of transactions in a secure and cost effective environment.
- Accurate, timely and cost effective means of collecting, distributing and accounting for dividend and interest payments.
- Maintaining shareholders registers. By Law No 308 of April 3rd 2001, Midclear was appointed Central Registrar for all Lebanese banks shares.
- Administering Mutual Funds.
- Official numbering agency for Lebanon (ANNA member).
- Repo transactions.